Jan 29, 2005

the wonders of sour cream

sour cream is my recent discovery. i love eating sour cream n onion flavored potato chips...i love it on my nachos served with salsa but now i love it even more.

i haven't really tried buying sour cream from the grocery due to the lack of inspiring recipes to use it with. then one day i saw it in the refrigerator..apparently it's part of my mom's diet. i took a peek thought of putting some spring onions, after all the most famous combination is sour cream n onion. but i doubted the simple combination and added more...a dash of cayenne...some garlic powder..salt..and to be more fancy some parmesan. oh well that was a wrong choice...the parmesan is not a good match for sour cream...it makes the mixture a bit bitter to the taste...but over all i enjoyed my new concoction.

well that was the start..i am totally hooked to this new sauce...it's my new favorite and i think it's a healthier alternative to my all time favorite mayo. the sour cream is just fun to work with...dip for vegetable sticks...chips...sauce in my burrito inspired wraps...i think it will also be good with fried foods..well till my next discovery..i can't wait.


enchiladas Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment